SocialPeta eCom Global | Etsy New Features: Keyword Scout & Store Rank
1. Etsy SEO: Affect the ranking and exposure of products in Etsy
Before understanding "keyword Scout", let's first understand Etsy's SEO.
Etsy SEO (Search Engine Optimization) refers to the process of improving the ranking of Etsy products to make them rank higher in the search results on the Etsy platform. However, Etsy has a sophisticated search algorithm. High-quality SEO results will show your products to more potential customers, increase product exposure, and get more sales conversions, so you need to understand the important indicators that affect Etsy SEO.
- Title: The title is limited to 140 characters, but only the first 55 characters will be displayed in the search results, so the core keywords should be displayed at the beginning.
- Category: The category selection specific to your product. When users select a specific category, it will be easier for users to search for products that match the category.
- Attributes: This is the additional information you can add after selecting a category, such as color and material.
- Tags: Allow sellers to add up to 13 Tag description phrases in the background. This is Etsy's unique mechanism. If you choose the words properly, each tag you add has a chance to match the search results of your potential customers.
2. Keyword Scout: Find keywords with high search & low competition
2.1 Overview: Take 'necklace' as an example
- Views: The total number of views of the top 100 related products displayed on the platform for searching for the keyword "necklace" in the past month. This can be used to determine the market demand.
- Competition: The number of related products searched under Etsy for this keyword. The data comes from Etsy's official API. The maximum number of competing products returned is 50100, which means that 50100+ actually means that the number of competing products may be more.
- Favorites: The total number of favorites of the top 100 related products displayed on the platform by searching for the keyword "necklace" in the past month.
- Sales: The total sales of the top 100 related products displayed on the platform by searching for the keyword "necklace" in the past month. This can be used to judge the profit margin.
2.2 Google Search Trends
With reference to trend changes, it can be judged whether the demand for this product continues to rise, and whether there is a pattern of off-peak and peak seasons, which provides a reference for stocking and product selection.
- Main Category: The category with the most matches among the top 100 products under this keyword. This is especially important for your choice of tag words, whether the target tag words match your product category.
- Avg.Price: The average selling price of the top 100 products under this keyword.
- Processing Time: The average delivery time of the top 100 stores under this keyword.
- Shops Competing: The number of stores with the top 100 products under this keyword. Because a single store may contain multiple products, the number of stores may be less than 100.
2.4 Similar Keywords
In the course of our operations, we often try to perform different words by replacing long-tail words and core words, and finally choose the best keywords. Similar keywords allow you to save head product comparisons and find a large number of words. Link. At the same time, it supports one-click copy and export, which makes it more convenient for you to replace keywords in the background.
3.Store Rank: Find the store and inspire inspiration for the selection
3.1 Search: Support store name and store URL search
3.2 Filter: Find Top Stores, Potential Stores, New Stores
- Basic: Support the screening of countries, categories, and the number of products on sale.
- Advanced：Support total sales, total reviews, total favorites, 7-Day sales, 7-Day reviews, and 7-Day favorites screening.
- Labels: Both are official labels. After checking, you can find shops with better operations and higher product quality
- Star Seller: Stores that have always received 5-star reviews, delivered on time, and responded quickly to messages
- Raving：Stores that have received a large number of 5-star reviews in the past 7 days
- Store Creation Time：Convenient for you to quickly screen old or new stores.
3.3 Store List：
The basic information of the store is displayed, and it supports the sorting of total sales and 7-Day sales, total reviews and 7-Day reviews, total favorites and 7-Day favorites, and it is convenient to find various stores by sorting. The two buttons on the back support the official store jump, support to view the store product list, and find inspiration for selection.
3.4 How to find the target store
- Determine your target category and country of sale, and improve the relevance of your target store.
- Find Top Store：
- The core is to use the total sales to sort the stores and find the stores with more orders.
- The large number of orders may also be due to the longer creation time, so you can limit the creation time based on your own circumstances, for example, within 3 years.
- Make good use of the official store label and check the ‘Star Seller‘ and ‘Raving‘ labels, and you will further find stores with good product reviews and high-quality operation.
- Find Potential Store：
- First, set the store creation time within 1 year to ensure that it is a new store
- Sort by the descending order of 7-Day sales growth, and you can find stores whose sales have soared in the past 7 days
- Use the 7-day reviews to sort by growth: find the stores where the products have been sold out two weeks ago, and then go to the product list to find some popular products.
- Use the 7-day favorites to sort by growth: find a store that has soared favorites but less sales growth, and analyze whether there are product defects in the store’s higher collection of products, and whether there are opportunities for competition.